Final Conference Report
- Read Improving Public Policy to Achieve the Millennium Development Goals in Africa:
Harnessing Science and Technology Capacity, the final report from the ASADI I conference, published by the Kenya National Academy of Sciences and the African Academy of Sciences.
- Read remarks from Miriam Were, chair of Kenya's National AIDS Control Council and of its African Medical and Research Foundation, during an interview on Nov. 8.
- Read remarks from Victor Anomah Ngu, a retired surgeon and the current president of the Cameroon Academy of Sciences.
- See slides from Alhaji Umaru Shehu, considering the need for a comprehensive public-health education strategy.
- Listen to remarks from , considering the need for a comprehensive public-health education strategy.
- Read quotes from conference participants on the need to strengthen Africa's scientific community.
- Look at pictures from the conference.
- Press conference: (requires free ).
- Listen to remarks from , former Vice-President of the Republic of Uganda (requires free ).
- Read remarks from Dr. Speciosa Wandira-Kazibwe, former Vice-President of the Republic of Uganda.
- Listen to remarks from , Chairman, Organizing Committee (requires free ).
- See slides from Prof. Isaac O. Nyambok's presentation.
- Welcome remarks: , President, African Academy of Sciences and Executive Director, Third World Academy of Sciences, Italy (requires free ).
- Conversation with Edward K. Kirumira, population and health researcher.